- IT & Telecomms
- DBA / Database Developer
- Sydney Australia
- Permanent / Full Time
- Empower the business by introducing accurate, fresh and valuable data
- Australian SaaS success story, revolutionising recruitment
- Work flexibly from home and office
We’re searching for an experienced Data Engineer to help us develop and grow our Data Warehouse environment. Someone who enjoys scripting their way through data pipelines and isn’t afraid to get their hands dirty with code.
You will own the technical components of our data environment, such as stability and performance optimisation, and can help us improve it. You would enter a fully operating environment and assist in maintaining and evolving it to support our growth. You’ll collaborate with the BI Solution Architect to identify areas that need to be improved, and you’ll help construct a robust and dependable data foundation on which our reporting tools will be built.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, fix and evolve ETL processes that pull data from systems into MySQL data warehouse (python, REST API, GraphQL)
- Own the running environment of the ETL script (AWS suite, Linux)
- Manage code versioning in a collaborative development environment (Github)
- Control execution schedules and load balancing
- Database administration – identify and troubleshoot issues regarding resources and service availability (MySQL, Redshift)
- Ensure services uptime and data integrity
- An excellent remuneration package
- Flexibility to put your family first at all times
- Ongoing training and development to help you reach your full potential
- Collaborative team – positive and empathetic people who love to laugh either through social distancing in the office or virtually from home!
- Team building, fun activities and lots of social events
- Career Progression
JobAdder is a dynamic and innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) organisation with over 200 employees across 5 countries and customers worldwide. We are a leading recruitment management platform that assists companies and recruitment agencies to create a competitive advantage within their recruitment and hiring processes.
With Seek as our parent company we are fortunate to have access to a broad range of multinational resources whilst still maintaining our unique identity and the ability to make quick decisions.
- Python scripting
- Working with large code bases
- Developing software as part of a team
- Experience working with REST and GraphQL APIs
- Experience working with data and addressing challenges around data pipelines
- Experience working as part of a BI operation and working with data consumers
Its nice if you have the following, but NOT essential:
- Hands on experience with AWS suite
- Working with MySQL and Redshift databases
- Familiarity with Linux environments
If this sounds like a role you’re interested in and qualified for then apply to continue the conversation.